Updated EEOC Guidance Regarding Workers With Hearing Loss
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recently issued an updated technical assistance document regarding workers with hearing loss: Hearing Disabilities in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act, EEOC-NVTA-2014-1, 1-24-23. The document explains considerations for both job applicants and current employees under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. It also addresses common employer concerns about safety, assistive technologies, and reasonable accommodations. For more information about hearing-impaired workers and hearing conservation programs, see CavCom‘s article: Special Considerations for Workers with Hearing Loss.
- How to read an intrinsic safety label
- New NIOSH Resource for Total Hearing Health
- Is Your Hearing Conservation Program Working?
- National Research Agenda for Hearing Loss Prevention
- Hearing Loss in the Military