Enjoy Summer Activities but Protect Your Hearing
We at CavCom hope you and your family enjoy the great outdoors this summer... and please remember your hearing protection!
Many outdoor activities such as lawn work with mowers and blowers, attending loud concerts or sporting events, riding motorcycles, and even enjoying fireworks have the potential of damaging hearing if you are exposed long enough and often enough. To learn more about protecting your family's hearing, check out the Loud Noise website from CDC's National Center for Environmental Health. Example strategies:
5 Ways to Protect Your Hearing
- Turn the volume down.
- Walk away from the loud noise.
- Take breaks from the noise.
- Avoid loud, noisy activities and places.
- Use hearing protection.
And for more information on recreational noise exposures, please see this SoundBytes article about Non-Occupational Noise Exposures.
- Free App for Measuring Sound
- Smartphone Apps for Noise Measurement - Accuracy Research
- Managing Earwax
- Hearing Protection for Military Dogs
- CavCom QUIZ - Custom Hearing Protection