Enjoy Summer Activities but Protect Your Hearing
We at CavCom hope you and your family enjoy the great outdoors this summer... and when fun gets loud, remember to use hearing protection!
Many outdoor activities such as lawn work with mowers and blowers, attending loud concerts or sporting events, motorcycles/speedboats, and even enjoying fireworks have the potential of damaging hearing if you are exposed long enough and often enough. To learn more about protecting your family's hearing, check out the Loud Noise website from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Quick Tips - How to Protect Your Hearing
- Turn down the volume on music players or other entertainment
- Buy quieter equipment (power tools, mowers, etc.)
- Avoid loud, noisy activities and places
- Take breaks from loud noise
- Wear effective hearing protection when you can't avoid loud noise
And for more information on recreational noise exposures, please see this SoundBytes article about Non-Occupational Noise Exposures.
- Free App for Measuring Sound
- Smartphone Apps for Noise Measurement - Accuracy Research
- COVID-19 and Hearing Loss
- Managing Earwax
- Guidance for Recreational Firearm Users