Is there a deadline from the FCC for upgrading our 2-way radios to digital?
The short answer for general industry/business is NO. You may continue to operate your 2-way radios in analog mode. The FCC has indicated their intention is to eventually have everyone operating at 6.25 kHz (digital) frequencies, but they have not yet provided a deadline. All the same, digital radios have many advantages and extra features you may find helpful for your business.
- Does the Talk Through Your Ears® system require an FCC license?
- What is a noise-cancelling microphone, and how does it work?
- Do radios require an FCC license?
- Why do I need an FCC licensed frequency for my business?
- How many frequencies do you get from a license?