What is encryption?
In two-way radios, encryption modifies a voice signal using a coding algorithm. This algorithm is controlled by an encryption key. The encryption key is used by the transmit and receive radios to enable the voice signal to be coded and decoded for both radios. Encryption is used with frequencies to further privatize radios communications.
- Does the Talk Through Your Ears® system require an FCC license?
- Is there an option for Talk Through Your Ears® that meets FCC interference standards for electronic devices?
- What is a noise-cancelling microphone, and how does it work?
- Is there a deadline from the FCC for upgrading our 2-way radios to digital?
- Do radios require an FCC license?